Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oh Happy Day!!!

In an effort to soothe the pain of possibly never receiving the original care package my parents sent, they sent me not one but TWO christmas packages.  This time they had them sent to my apartment which turned out perfectly.  I was in my room taking a siesta and my roommate came home from work and left my two packages on the kitchen table.  I had no idea they were (1) going to be sent to my apartment and not my school, or (2) that they would arrive so quickly!  I went into the kitchen to get a glass of water around 8:30pm and there they were sitting on the kitchen table.  Such a wonderful surprise!!!!
The contents of my two packages (minus two magazines not included in photo)

The best part about receiving the package was not expecting it would come so soon and without any problems (unlike the first, mostly likely lost package).

The contents of the package:

-Sour patch kids
-Orbit gum
-SWEET TARTS 
-Herseys Miniatures
-Herseys chocolate bar
-Hersheys cookies 'n' creme
-Reeses
-Animal crackers
-How to Lose a guy in 10 days dvd
-Overboard dvd
-Thelma and Louise dvd
-EVER AFTER dvd
-two beautiful Christmas cards
-Emily's dark chocolate peppermint fortune cookies
-TWO boxes of Kraft mac 'n' cheese
-People magazine (not shown)
-USA Today magazine (not shown)

In addition to receiving these WONDERFUL packages this evening I also had a nice and unexpected surprise from three of my female students today.  They are all 11 yrs. old and in one of my 4th grade classes (1˚ ESO).  They stopped me in the hallway and said they had something for me!  One pulled this out of her school binder:

The students names are Yashira, Carla, and Yamilet

Yashira wrote, "I love you, my favourite teacher, never let you get de parte de: Yashira"  (spanglish at the end)

Carla wrote, "Merry Christmas Emily, your my favorite teacher and I love you"

Yamilet wrote, "Never say never.  Happy NEW YEAR and Merry Christmas.  I ♥ U!"

Today I am reminded of all the things I am truly thankful for, most importantly my family but also the opportunity to be abroad and teach my native language to Spanish children who are grateful to have me be part of their educational experience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment